Frequently Asked Questions
What should I expect during a photo shoot?
- We will warmup with clothed shots, then I will coach you through some basic poses.
- I'll discuss theme ideas before the shoot.
- Photo shoots require full nudity, later in the session, similar to what you see on my portfolio.
- Posing ideas will evolve during the shoot as we learn your strengths and best angles.
- You are free to throw your own ideas in from time to time.
I'm not a model. Do I measure up?
- Most of the girls you see here never considered themselves models.
- I use Photoshop, lighting, and camera tricks to make people more beautiful. I understand it can be intimidating if you're unfamiliar with the process.
- After makeup and other help, all my models end up looking beautiful.
- If you're unsure, just apply. You'll only hear back if I want to work with you.
How tall do your models need to be?
- 5'4" is my minimum and 6' is the maximum.
I want to model nude but have never done it before.
- Before booking, I will talk and meet with you to make sure you know what we are doing.
- Its normal to be a little nervous, but know modeling is a magical confidence builder.
- I have worked with a couple hundred of brand new models. I always make sure the model is okay.
- If you are interested, I also help train models while they are employed.
- Many of the models on my site had initial doubts, but once they did it they were glad they did. Listen to what they have to say about their first nude modeling shoot.
Do I have to be nude right away?
- No, your first shoot begins fully clothed.
- Nudity, similar to what you see in my portfolio is required after that in the session.
Will I get paid?
- Yes, all my nude photography shoots are paid modeling jobs.
- You will be paid right after the shoot via your preferred method. We will discuss this ahead of time.
How do I apply?
I applied to be a model, now what?
- Check your email for a confirmation message. If you don't get it, please go back and apply again.
- Reply to the email and attach your photos. You need to send a face shot (with as little makeup as possible), a body shot (preferably in a 2-piece), and any tattoos so I can see your thighs, abs, and arms. Application photo help.
- If you have additional comments, include them (example if you have a specific shoot in mind you want to do).
What are the photos used for?
- I make limited edition artwork, which I market to collectors via art dealers. I also make collectable albums, photobooks, and digital collections. All the products are high quality, small quantity, designed for educated art connoisseurs.
- Each artwork or photobook is accompanied by my essays that describe my inspiration and other thoughts about each theme.
- Making and selling nude photographs and how-to-books is how I make my income.
- To create artwork or photobooks requires additional work. I photoshop to combine and remove elements and achieve an artistic composition. I alter the colors and tonality. I typically spend twenty hours or more on each attempt and not all attempts will result in artwork. Each artwork or book layout, takes months to produce.
- I market the artwork through art dealers (Saatchi, Zatista) and also sell direct and on Kickstarter.
What kind of paperwork is required?
- You need to bring photo ID that shows your birth date, like a driver's license. A second ID is also helpful.
- The model signs a release form.
Can I bring someone?
- Yes, you can bring someone when you come to work, as long as I meet them before we book the shoot, like at the initial meeting. Don't surprise me after we've already setup the day & time.
How long is a shoot?
- The time varies depending on preparation and location. Shoot are either in morning or afternoon. Alternately, "short day" shoots, go mid-morning to late afternoon with a lunch break.
- We don't have to rush, we can get a lot accomplished in a half day.
- If you want to shoot for more time or less time, we can discuss special situations.
- Take into account your travel time. Models have traveled from Summerville, Mount Pleasant, Bluffton, Hilton Head, Columbia, and Myrtle Beach. If you are coming from Atlanta, Florida, or Charlotte, ask me about hosting options.
What is your background?
- Full-time artist since 2013. B.A. degree in Art from Fort Lewis College, Durango Colorado.
- Raised in a family of artists, visiting museums in dozens of countries, and experiencing various cultures.
- Doing photography over fifteen years; I've photographed hundreds of models.
Will I get some photographs after?
- Yes. It can take me several days or longer, then I will show you proof images. These are not finished images, but give you an idea.
- After making proofs, I will organize and compile the best images, from these I will make portfolio-quality images. Your input is welcome in selecting portfolio images.
Can I use the images?
- You can use the portfolio quality images for your modeling portfolio.
- Please don't use the proof quality images, let me know which ones you want as portfolio quality.
- You can't sell the images or otherwise go into business competing against me with my own photographs.
Do I need experience?
No experience required. The more athletic you are the better, though. Other modeling experience won't prepare you for my unique process, but I train all my models in this process.